Coming Back To Life...+ Fall Ready Beauty Essentials

I know that I've been seriously delinquent with the updates, but somehow life has conspired to keep me away from writing. During that time, my mind has been seriously building up with lots of ideas and more importantly, my make-up table has been building up with lots of new make-up, so hopefully I’ll get to show you everything eventually (in case I don’t disappear again ha ha). Now, I already have some long prepared posts waiting on my computer, but I feel kinda weird dropping a product review out of blue, so I decided to start off by writing about my beauty essentials for the fall season. 


I’ve been living in denial for the past few weeks thinking that summer time is still around, but unfortunately it gets harder to ignore that the mornings are getting darker and the air is getting a lot fresher. If you’re anything like me, the idea of cold, rainy days can be a little heartbreaking, but as much as I love summer and the warm weather, there’s just something magical about fall time. And when it comes to fall beauty (and fashion) trends …well, I’m all for it. So what beauty essentials I need to keep my post-summer blues away? 

Fall beauty essential #1: Intensive lip balm
One of the first things I notice when the weather start to change is that my lips get dry and cracked. So, in order to keep my lips nice and smooth, I’ll be smothering myself in Labello Lip Butter Vanilla & Macadamia and my beloved Burt’s Bees Beeswax lip balm. These two are truly lifesavers when it comes to cracked lips. Another product that I like to use on my lips is petroleum jelly or simply known as Vaseline.


Fall beauty essential #2: A deep wine/berry nail polish
With fall on horizon comes my never ending addiction with reds, magentas, berries and darker hues. For the autumnal months I’m loving my Dior Red Ebony nail polish (the most perfect mixture of brown and burgundy), also YSL’s nail polish in Rouge Expressioniste and Catrice’s LE polishes from their Hollywood’s Fabulous 40ties – Red Butler and Doris’ Darling.

 
Fall beauty essential #3: A bronzer
Seriously, who can say no to a natural-looking glow? No one, that’s who. Just because summer is gone doesn’t mean you need to get rid of that radiant and bronzed complexion. At the moment, I’m loving my Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine in Honey Matte which is a perfect choice and it gives me such a natural looking glow. 


Fall beauty essential #4: Black liquid eyeliner 
Every fall make-up bag needs some good black liquid liner. There’s nothing quite as sultry and sexy as winged eyeliner and for some reason, colder weather seems to inspire a vamped up make-up look a lot more. Eyeliner makes such a classic yet sexy look and for me it becomes a staple item in my everyday make-up routine during those months. My all time favorite liquid eyeliner is Maybelline’s Master Precise which gives me a kitten eye in an instant.

 
Fall beauty essential #5: A dark/wine colored lipstick  
Vampy lips are probably one of THE BIGGEST fall trends; it’s no wonder we’ve been seeing it everywhere from Prada to Lanvin runaways. Dark bold lipstick can pull any look together and hence the weather, you will always find a dark colored lipstick in my make-up bag. Here are some of my favorite ones -  Craving (Amplified), Rebel (Satin), Fresh Morrocan (Frost) all three by MAC, Avon’s Matte Crimson lipstick which really reminds me of MAC’s Diva lipstick and YSL Pure Lipstick in Sweet Dark Purple. When I feel like heavily pigmented pout is not an option, I reach for slightly colored lip glosses like Lancome L'Absolu Creme de Mat in potion D'amour, MAC Rebel lipglass or my beloved Dior Creme De Gloss lip gloss.


 

Fall beauty essential #6: Body butters
We all know that well moisturized skin is a must, but I'm guilty of skipping out body lotions at times. However, during the colder months, I start moisturize religiously. My current favorite body moisturizers are in a buttery form - I love...body butters, they smell amazing and they feel wonderful on skin. Also The Body shop Duo, Soap & Glory and Tree Hut Shea body Butters. Can't really choose which one I like the most :-) 


So, these are my beauty essentials for fall. Do you change your beauty or skin care routine with a change in season? Leave a comment below letting me know.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment