MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick & Lipglass review

Hello my make-up lovers, today I will be doing a review on MAC’s Viva Glam Nicki products that I’ve been wanting for soooo, sooo long. When MAC first came out with Viva Glam Nicki lipstick almost a year ago, I was completely blown away by its shade and frankly it didn’t take me too long to understand that this over the top pink beauty is going to be mine very soon. Well, soon wasn’t that soon after all and in the meantime, MAC also came out with a new Viva Glam Nicki lipglass to lust over. 

Both Mac Viva Glam Nicki products are part of the Mac Viva Glam program that contributes 100% of all profit made from the campaign to help support the Mac’s HIV/AIDS fund which is responsible for raising awareness about the disease. Since 1994, MAC Cosmetics has raised over $250 million for men, women, and children who are living with, or affected by HIV/AIDS which is pretty impressive.


So, after a long wait, my lovely friend Selma (check out her facebook page and her blog, she makes the cutest jewellery EVER!! <3) got me a “late birthday” present and not only that I got my very own Viva Glam Nicki lipstick, I also got a lipglass!! YAY!! Personally, I’m not a fan of Nicki Minaj’s music at all, but in terms of fashion and make-up, I find her interesting. She's daring and always fun to watch, and these products are no exception

 

Viva Glam Nicki lipstick comes in a standard Mac black bullet packaging with the exception of the traditional red details and Nicki Minaj’s signature scribbled across the tube. The box is also decorated with Nicki’s Signature in red. 


As you can see, this is a perfect barbie pink shade and you can totally imagine Nicki wearing this herself, as barbie pink lips are a bit of a staple of hers! 


The color is described as a yellow pink but in my opinion it is a yellow pink that leans slightly on the coral side. It is similar to Chatterbox, but much more pigmented and creamy. It is a warm opaque pink; I would definitely call this a bright shade though in a strangely pastel way. It actually looks a lot more coral in the tube than on the lips.


It is a satin finish which I really like, not matte, but not glossy either. However, it is a bit drying, so a lip balm is a must. It applies amazingly smooth, as most of MAC lipsticks does in general. I wanted to include a comparison photo of this lipstick with all other pinks I own, but unfortunately my camera didn't want to cooperate on that one :( 


In case Viva Glam Nicki lipstick looks a little too vibrant for you, but you still love the color, then you may want to consider giving Viva Glam Nicki lipglass a try because it is a more wearable version of a lipstick.
 

Viva Glam Nicki lipglass is a LE lipgloss (duuh!) that matches the lipstick and glides like heaven on top of it. Same as the lipstick, the lipglass is vibrant, yet surprisingly more wearable. The formula is very creamy and has MAC's signature vanilla scent. It comes in a tube like all other MAC tinted lip glasses does (4.8 g.), but this one also has a Nicki Minaj’s signature scrabbled over.


This can be worn alone but I prefer to pair it with the lipstick for that full neon Barbie look. Like most MAC lip glasses, this lasted about 4-5 hours on my lips and it settled slightly into the lip lines.



Not much to say about these anymore as I’m IN LOVE with my both Viva Glam Nicki products. A must have for lipstick junkies!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment