MAC Rebel Lipstick + Drugstore Dupe

I’m back with another review and this time it’s all about MAC. I love MAC, all of their stuff, but MAC lipsticks are beyond perfection. I mean really, if I could pick one lipstick brand to use for the rest of my life, that would be MAC, no doubt about it. So for today, I will be showing you my newest addition to my slow-growing MAC lipstick collection that I got recently, and the beauty I’m talking about is a shade called Rebel.


Rebel is a permanent lipstick shade from MAC and it is described as deep, fuchsia berry color with a glossy finish and very subtle, nearly imperceptible shimmer. It comes in a regular black MAC tube and a black cardboard box.



Now don’t freak out by the darkness of the lipstick in the picture. True to its name, Rebel looks like a really dark "goth-like" purple shade, but once applied, it turns out that this is a true purple-wine-berry color that is more vampy than your typical red shade, but more "acceptable" than a bright pink or violet.

This is a Satin finish, so it doesn’t give you that creamy shine on the lips which sometimes might look over the top, especially if you’re wearing dramatic color such as this. It doesn’t look or feel drying on the lips and it doesn’t settle in the lines. Personally, I find this suitable for both everyday looks along with dramatic night time looks. 


Rebel is highly pigmented and long-lasting and even when it does fade away your lips are stained with the color. For example, I wore this out to the club a few nights ago and still had some color on the next day! (Yes, I did clean and wash my face well). 

For those who can’t find MAC in their country (I know how you feel), can’t afford or can’t have Rebel for whatever reason, you might want to try Rimmel lipstick in Cutting Edge. Once I got my Rebel, I couldn’t but notice how much these two looked alike. Sure, it isn’t an exact dupe but it is a great alternative for Rebel. Personally, I like my MAC way better, it lasts longer and feels better on my lips, but as I said, if you can’t afford MAC, you should most definitely try Cutting Edge.

On the left Rimmel Cutting Edge, MAC Rebel on the right.

Rebel is the perfect shade and it suits the season we’re currently in. It is dark, dramatic, yet very suitable for everyday use. There’s something fierce about Rebel…And I like that :)


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment