AVON Kohl Eyeliner (True Black)


I’ve been a fan of black eyeliner since probably my 6th grade and to this day, it is one of those products that I never skip on using in my regular make-up routine. While I was satisfied with a lot of eyeliners I’ve tried, I was excited to try out Avon’s newly launched Kohl eyeliner in True Black, as their SuperShock gel eyeliner is probably one of my HG ones, so I wanted to see the difference.  

Avon’s Kohl Eyeliner is formulated with Shea butter and marketed as long wearing. To be quite honest, the Shea butter content was a new concept for me, and also quite interesting especially as I have never previously been aware of its inclusion in any eye pencil. Now, before we get any further, you should know that the main difference between kohl eyeliners and regular eyeliners is that kohl ones contain more oil like ingredients to make them creamier than the regular ones and to make them easier to smudge for the perfect smoldering look. I prefer using my eye pencils along my waterline, as the effect is more dramatic, so this eyeliner sounded just right.


Avon Kohl eyeliner comes in a typical black Avon cardboard box and the pencil itself is double sided – one has the kohl eyeliner and the other comes with a smudger to create a smokey effect. 


The smudger is made out of flexible rubber so it doesn't accumulate lots of product like a sponge or brush would and I find it very easy to work with. Both sides are tightly secured with plastic lids, which makes this product easy to carry around in make-up purse.


An issue that I have experienced with quite a few brands is that the color is not bold enough and unlike Avon’s Super Shock eyeliner, Kohl eyeliner was no different. While the application was easy and smooth, I had to apply it a few times to actually get a vivid black color, especially over the eye shadow. However, there are times when I personally don’t need super bold eyeliner and that's when this eyeliner does an excellent job. I found the smudger top to be highly effective after I smudged and blended it nicely and it created a softer appearance without transferring me into Immortal fan.


Longevity wise, I was truly impressed, as the kohl stayed in place throughout the day despite the warm weather. However, I did experience some smudging, but as I mentioned before, kohl eyeliners are indeed very creamy, so they meant to be not smudge-proof, right?


You can purchase Avon's Kohl Eyeliner herefor the price of just 6.90 KM with its normal price being 10.50 KM. It is available in a choice of four shades -  True Black, Cobalt Blue, Bronze Sheen and Deep Violet. Have you tried this eyeliner yet?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment