Sleek Make Up - Pout Paints - Port & Pinkini - Review + Swatches

Hello my lovelies, I’m finally back with another review and as promised in my last Sleek related post, my review for fabulous Pout Paints is finally ready. If you’re familiar with UK brand Sleek, you have probably heard about these little tubes full of pure pigment for the lips. When I first saw Pout Paints they immediately reminded me of OCC Lip Tars but with a cheaper price tag. I always wanted to try OCC Lip Tars but couldn’t quite justify spending over 20$ for a single product that I hadn’t even swatched, just in case it didn’t suit me or wasn’t that great.


Sleek Pout Paints have the consistency of a lipgloss but they dry to the finish of a lipstick. They are available in 11 shades that can be used alone or mixed to create your own, meaning the possibilities of shades is endless. They are available on Sleek website for $6.49 each. Here's what Sleek says about the Pout Paints: 

"Pout paint is the new ultimate lip pigment that provides a blast of colour in one purse sized tube! The intensely saturated formula provides outstanding colour pay-off in just one tiny speck, and dries to a long lasting satiny finish. With a wide variety of Pout Paints to choose from you can mix up your very own unique shade using a combination of colours, or simply go for one stand out striking pop of colour."


Sleek Pout Paints come in a small 8ml tubes, but don’t be fooled by their size because you really need only a TINY amount of product to get a full coverage on the lips. I got mine in shades  Port and Pinkini.

PORT is a rich wine color that looks quite dark in the tube, but once applied it gives a gorgeous plum, almost pink lip. Love this shade!


PINKINI is an extremely bright cool toned pink shade. It looks much brighter in real life than in any swatch that I've seen. Most definitely not an everyday color and not for everyone.


Both shades have a creamy, pasty consistency and slight orange smell that isn’t noticeable once you put it on the lips. Remember that Pout Paints are not a lipglosses, so don’t even try applying it straight from the tube. That saying, you will definitely need a lip brush. To apply, I simply squeeze the smallest blob onto the back of my hand or in a mixing pot and use a MAC lip brush to “paint” my lips. Also, you may want to apply a thin layer of lip balm underneath because even though the texture of the Pout Paints is not drying, it is not moisturizing either.


Another great thing about these is how long they last. Seriously, once they’re on, they’re on. The color will last your for hours (although a bit faded after a meal or so). But, they’re not transfer-resistant though so be careful as they might leave a stain behind. I also suggest you use a good oil-based makeup remover when it’s time to take them off.


I must say that I am in love with my Sleek Pout Paints, they are super affordable version of OCC Lip Tars, they are long lasting and have a beautiful range of bright bold shades. And yes, I like the idea of mixing shades to create new ones so I think I’ll expand my Pout Paint collection in no time.

Have you tried Pout Paints yet? Tell me what you think! 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment