Chanel Rouge Coco #18 Rouge Noir Lipstick Review

Chanel Rouge Noir is one of those infamous cult lippies that everyone has been raving about and is certainly rave-worthy. Yap, it’s the iconic dark purplish-brownish-red color originally called Vamp that was super huge in the early 1990’s for nails and lips and was worn by the Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction after which it was completely sold out.

 

Rouge Noir is a deepest, vampy femme fatale shade with dark chocolate brown and plum undertones underneath the burgundy red shade. It looks quite dramatic, almost terrifying, in the bullet, but once worn it can be used in a few different ways. It has the ability to be sheered out which gives a great daytime wear, or it can be worn as a full on lipstick, more suitable for some dramatic night time looks as seen in the campaign pictures. 


For me, this is truly one of the most beautiful and unique dark colors I have ever seen. It is daring and dangerous and somehow it reminds me of coagulated blood (I know this probably is not the most appealing comparison for everyone but it definitely is for me haha) and it looks absolutely sophisticated and grown up. 


It provides fantastic coverage as all Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks do. It really is the best formula I’ve ever tried on - it glides on smoothly, the color is rich and lasting and it feels light upon application. The color stays throughout the day which I find very important when rocking a dark lipstick because uneven wear looks obvious and totally unattractive. I really struggle to keep my lips hydrated in the winter time but this is by far one of the least drying lipsticks I've tried, so it is a great combination of coverage and moisture. 


I've made a comparison between Chanel Rouge Noir and some drugstore dark lipsticks I find similar. I wouldn't say these are exact dupes but can be a great alternative if you want to try the look.

 
True to the Chanel reputation, the packaging is very luxurious, sleek and classy with signature Chanel “C”s embossed in white on the top of the black and gold casing. 

  
I’ve read that Chanel spent a lot of time developing the perfect lipstick tube - weighty and made of metal, so when you reach in your purse for your lipstick, the tube is cold to the touch and quickly identifiable. 

Lastly,  this color probably wouldn't suit anyone, especially if you're not into dark lips but in terms of quality, Chanel lipsticks are seriously one of the best, providing the best texture and quality and one thing for sure - every girl deserves a little Chanel in her life! :)
 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment