Are you ready to get NAKED? - Urban Decay Naked Palette vs. Naked 2 Palette + Swatches

I'm pretty sure that all of you have heard about Urban Decay’s Naked palettes, since every single blogger and make-up addict was raving about these on every single corner. I was craving to get the original Naked palette for months, but it took me forever to get one since we don’t have Sephora in my country (or any other decent cosmetic market that sells brands such as UD). So, I waited and waited...and waited. And then finally it happened - I got my first Naked palette while I was in Paris this June. Hallelujah!

Now, before I start getting into all the details, I have to be honest with you - after I got the original Naked palette, I completely convinced myself that I wouldn’t need Naked 2, since they both looked kind of similar at the first glance, especially considering it’s price and availability. But, somewhere in my mind I knew I was wrong. So wrong. So, of course, it was only a matter of time before I'd get Naked 2. Luckily, my sister stopped this quick wait last week when she got me my very own Naked 2 palette for my 25th birthday.
 
OK, now moving on from my soppy little story, I have decided to do a comparison review between the original Naked palette and Naked 2. If you’re a make up freak like me (which I guess most of you are!) than you’d probably like to have both palettes in your collection. Alternatively, you might not own either of the palettes, so I assume you would probably like to see comparison photos, swatches etc. 
 


Let me start off with some general info. The original Naked Palette consists of 12 gorgeous neutral, full size eye shadows - Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (golden bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic) and Gunmetal (dark grey metallic). This palette has warm shades, 2 matte (Naked& Buck) and 2 that contain glitter (Sidecar & Gunmetal). The rest of the colors are shimmery. If I had to pick my favorites in this one, I'd say Virgin, Buck, Hustle and Creep but REALLY I like them all.



Naked 2 also comes with 12 gorgeous full size neutral shades - Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish), Half Baked (golden-bronze with shimmering finish), Booty Call(shimmering cork), Chopper (copper shimmer with silver micro glitter), Tease(creamy pale brown with matte finish), Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base), Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish), Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish), Verve (oyster with shimmering finish), YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base), Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish) and Blackout (blackest black with matte finish). What's different in this palette is that most of the colors are on the cool side. There are 3 matt colors (Foxy, Tease & Blackout), 1 color that contains micro glitter (Chopper) and the rest are shimmery colors. My favorites in this one would be Bootycall, Tease, Verve and Blackout, but then again, it's really hard to tell.



THE PACKAGING
For me, packaging is a huge factor when it comes to make up. Sure, it doesn’t really affect the actual product, but having something pretty to look at when applying it makes it all more pleasurable. The original Naked palette is made of durable cardboard with velvet texture on the exterior and the letters printed in gold foil. The closure is magnetic, but not crazy magnetic, so you have to be careful if carrying it around. I like the velvet texture, it looks classy, but it tends to collect dust and fluff. I have also noticed that the gold Naked logo is wearing off with time, so that’s a bit of a downfall.

The second palette comes in a goldish plastic metal tin case (reminds me of those old school art cases I used to have back in the elementary school) and this time with a humongous mirror inside. Sleek, sturdy case feels much stronger and more durable than the original Naked palette, but it's more bulky & heavier. However, I think I prefer the outer appearance of the original Naked palette better, but Naked 2 inner appearance is more appealing.


EXTRAS
In the original Naked Palette you get travel size UD’s primer potion, which is awesome and it really helps to keep your eye shadow in place all day long. You also get UD’s eye shadow Good Karma Brush, which is, in my opinion, more of a concealer brush than a shadow brush.
With the second palette you get a mini Lip Junkie gloss in Naked (sheer subtle rose color) and dual ended eye shadow brush (stiff flat brush & a fluffy dome brush). I like this brush and I think it's going to be a nice addition to my collection. On the other hand, I'd rather choose primer potion over a lip gloss. I don't particularly like the applicator on this product but I guess it will come in handy in my makeup bag if I'm stuck.


Now, here’s the question we’ve been all waiting for - do you need both Naked 1 & 2? Well, that's really up to you. Personally, I love BOTH palettes and I am beyond happy that I have them both. I know a lot of people are a little skeptical whether they are both the same, but  having them side by side you can truly tell they are both different in their own ways (except for Half Baked of course, which is included in both palettes. It’s a really pretty color that I use a lot so I’m OK with having it in both palettes!) 

OVERALL
I couldn’t really pick a favorite palette in terms of color range! Both of them speak for themselves and I think they complement each other perfectly. Also, keep in mind that both  palettes are crazy pigmented, so either having one or both, they will last you for a really long time. The price can seem a bit much (43 Euros each), but really, they are so worth it, and as I already said – they will last you forever.
If you don't wear neutrals that much, I’d only get one of the palettes depending on whether you prefer bronze or taupe shades. If you’re crazy make up freak like me, then get both for the collection sake (if you can!). After all, sometimes looking at your collection just makes your day, right? :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment