Products I Regret Buying

Sometimes no matter how much research you’re going to do on a certain product, you’re still going to stumble upon something that just WON’T work for you. Yes, we all been there– we bought a product that turned out to be a total disaster. Today I will show you the products I regret buying, hoping that this could be helpful for some of you. I did give these products fair amount of chances, so these are not products that I tried once and just ditched them. Please remember that this is based on my personal preference, so just because something doesn’t work for me, doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. So, let’s get started!




BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION - I’ve been hearing only good things about this foundation, and it seems that a lot of people call this their HG product. Unfortunately, it did nothing for my skin other than sit on the dry patches around my nose and oxidize on my skin throughout the day.  It tends to look cakey and it starts to disappear after a couple of hours, leaving my face looking patchy and oily.


AVENE HYDRANCE OPTIMALE LEGERE UV 20 – I love all my Avene products, but this moisturizer is bad. Avene claims that this is light, but I can't feel anything light here. It leaves my face sticky and shiny and in case I use it for a few days in a row, it breaks me out. I find this way too expensive for a crappy product such as this, and you can definitely find better moisturizers for half the price.

CATRICE GALMOUR DOLL MASCARA - I did a review about this product in one of my previous posts, so no need to repeat myself. Probably the worst mascara I have ever used.

ORIFLAME BEAUTY STUDIO CONCEALER (Light) - I’ve purchased this concealer for my undereye area, so I went for a lighter shade. This concealer is pretty much useless. It is way too watery, doesn't cover up anything including blemishes and under-eye circles. Another disappointment coming from Oriflame.

CATRICE ULTIMATE SHINE LIPSTICK - As much as I love Catrice Ultimate Color  lipsticks,  their Ultimate Shine range is a complete miss. I have this in Berry Pink, which is a nice color, but the constancy itself is terrible. Tacky looking, way too shiny and runny.  

ESSENCE I LOVE ROCK EYELINER – There’s nothing to “love” about this product. I’ve tried many drugstore eyeliners but this one has to be the worst ever. I don’t have sensitive eyes,  but this product gave me a burning itchy sensation every time I used it. I find this way too soft for eyeliner and it smears, creases and smudges…a LOT. The color itself is glossy and intense, but it fades quickly, so you pretty much end up with a totally useless product. 

GARNIER BB CREAM (Light) - I don’t get all the fuss about BB creams, I really don’t. I’m not sure why I picked this up in the first place as I was never a fan of tinted moisturizers. This feels extremely heavy and oily on my face, and every time I use this I can feel my pores choking to death!

SHE STYLEZONE MAGIC COLOURS LIPSTICK - When I first bought this I was expecting a subtle gloss shine, not a disco ball happening on my lips. This lipstick is just a pile of big glitter chunks and I can’t imagine anyone looking good wearing it.

ELF GOTTA GLOW HIGHLIGHTER -  This is hyped as another Nars Albatros dupe, so I fell for it and purchased it. Wrong! This is too yellow and it looks very obvious once I put it on. It applies terribly, and the consistency is way too powdery and chalky. Such a big, big disappointment.

ARTDECO EYESHADOW BASE - I hate to be a party popper, but this base sucks! I don’t know if I got a bad product or what, but unfortunately this failed to live up the hype. Yes, it keeps eyeshadow in a place, but it changes the real color of it and it makes it hard to blend it over, making it uneven and messy looking. Also, I find this way too glittery for a primer, plus it smells like a men deodorant. 

ESSENCE STAY ALL DAY EYESHADOW - I bought this product in shade Coppy Right, believing that it was similar to Maybelline’s Color Tattoo 24 Hours in Bad To The Bronze. I also believed that it would last all day on my lids, as it claimed to do. This product is so dry, it creases and looks like a hard glittery mess. And this is coming from someone who actually likes glittery/shimmery eyeshadows! This eyeshadow certainly did not stay all day and it left little bits of silver glitter around my eyes.

CATRICE ENTER WONDERLAND LE EYESHADOW/HIGHLIGHTER - This can be used as an eyeshadow or a highlighter...or better yet, don’t use it all. This eyeshadow has almost zero pigmentation and if used as a highlighter, it looks very unnatural, almost dirty. 

So there you have it, products I regret buying. Have you tried any of these products? Were they a hit or a miss? What are your products you regret buying? Feel free to comment below.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment