30 Beauty Questions Tag

Hello my dear readers, first things first - Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a safe and super fun New Year's Eve. Mine consisted of partying with some of my favorite people, lots of drinks and body glitters! :) Since I'm not keen on all that drama surrounding holidays, I'm glad it is finally over and we can all have some fresh start :) This Saturday evening I decided to inside, so I’m now cosying up in my over sized pajamas, watching Josh Duhamel and drinking lots of green tea! I've realized I haven’t really done any tag posts by now, so I thought I'd post one. I saw this random beauty tag called 30 Beauty Question and found it interesting because it gives a bit of a history behind the beauty blogger and the reason behind the whole cosmetics obsession. If you would like to answers these questions, just copy + paste the following questions, and give out your answers! Now, let’s get started, shall we?


1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
As far back as my memory goes, I always remember having some random makeup pieces lying around. When I was little I would take a lipstick that my mom was about to throw away and I would claim it as my own. Even though I had a nice little stash of play makeup, I didn't really wear makeup until I was in my 6th grade or so (not counting the little sparkly lip gloss). Never wore a lot though…I think my first makeup item was Manhattan’s black eyeliner that I used to wear a lot! My first makeup bag consisted of bright blue eyeshadow (yeah, I know), some mascara and some sheer lip gloss. As I got older I started to buy some real makeup for myself – lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow, foundation and so on. 
 
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
As I said in one of my previous posts, I think perfect mascara is one of the hardest things to find. I’ve tried tons of different ones, but unfortunately still haven’t found the perfect one. I already have long lashes, so I want my mascara to give the volume and some curl. I’m not keen on spider lashes either, so it has to separate them nicely and it CAN’T flake. The closest I’ve come to my perfect mascara is layering couple of different ones. Currently I’m using L’Oreal's Voluminous Black, L’Oreal's False Lash Telescopic and Essence's I Love Extreme mascara.

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I like my foundation to be medium to light. I'm definitely not keen on heavy coverage foundations. But mostly, it all depends on the occasion and the type of the foundation I’m using.

4. Favorite high end brand?
MAC and Chanel. Both provide such substantial lines of shades and textures for face, lips, eyes, no one in the industry can compete with that.


5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? 
Too many! Laura Mercier, Make Up Forever, NARS, Bobbie Brown etc. 

6. Favorite drugstore brand?
NYX cosmetics - so far, none of their products let me down. Also, I really like Revlon and Maybelline.

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes? 
I do, mostly for some special occasions, but I do collect them and I love the way they can spice up any makeup look.

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
No, because I go in public without makeup. In fact, I do that a lot! :)


9. What is your most cherised beauty product?
Probably my Naked palettes, MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus & MAC's lipstick Rebel. 

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Too often!  I’m always in a hunt for something new to welcome in my makeup stash, so I pick up something new every once in a while. 

11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely? 
I definitely have a budget, so I try to skip a lot of products that I find similar to something that I already have, or I don’t want them bad enough!

12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes! My wallet is always full of discount coupons, reward cards and stamps from my local drugstores and I use them whenever I can.

13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I'm crazy about lipsticks and anything lips related so you'll probably find me buying some new lip product. Also, I like to buy blushes and highlighters.


14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
I don’t think there is a brand that I can’t stand, but there are some brands I try to avoid like She and Oriflame.

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
It’s always a plus when something doesn’t have these ingredients, but I don’t avoid them as long as I like the product.

16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Duuh! Sephora, MAC and Duty Free shops! Unfortunately I don’t get to shop at these if not traveling somewhere, so I have to satisfy myself with local drugstores like DM or CM.

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I prefer to stick to same skincare routine, but I like to try something new every now and then. 

18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Soap & Glory, Bath & Body Works, Lush and Nivea.

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
 That’s easy - MAC!

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I like Benefit and TheBalm packaging, they are so cute and nice to carry around in your purse. I also like Chanel and Givenchy, especially their blush packaging and MAC lipsticks.

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Kim Kardashian.


22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
MUA and neseser.hr

23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Carlybel55, msRoshPosh, monroemisfitmakeup, Nicole Guerriero, sokolum79

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Not really, I usually find those multifunctional products over hyped and pretty much useless.

25. Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
I think everybody is when in a rush, so I always make sure I have extra time in hand to get ready before I step out of the house.

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, my current favorite is UD's Eye Primer Potion.

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
On days when I wash my hair, I use Elseve Crystal shampoo with matching conditioner and some Gliss Oil Elixir for ends. I hardly use any styling products unless I use some hot tool. 

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Concealer then foundation, then concealer again if needed, then under eye concealer and some pressed or loose powder.

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes, I would love to. Up till now, I'm 100% self taught and I would love to learn more about makeup.

30. What do you love about makeup?
I love how makeup makes me look polished and how it completes any outfit. Over the years I've grown and matured and now I'm able to be more daring with my makeup because I've learned a lot about how to apply it properly and am not afraid how I'm going to look. When I do wear makeup I always emphasize both eyes and lips, which is unacceptable for many, but I think it looks great on me. I like to "break the rules" when it comes to makeup and I enjoy every single part of it. Makeup can transform your whole appearance so I guess the main thing I love about makeup is the endless possibility it gives you to look different every single day


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment