OPI RapiDry Top Coat Review

Since fall time inspired many beauty bloggers to post NOTD posts, I decided to give you my (OPI)nion on one of the most popular nail products out there – OPI RapiDry Top Coat, because we all know that a good top coat is a key step to a perfect looking manicure, right?

To be quite honest, this products was one of my compulsive buys because I originally wanted to buy a bottle of Seche Vite top coat, but I would had to order it online, so OPI’s version seemed like a perfect option as it stood right in front of my nose at a local drugstore. I’ve read many mixed reviews about this product, but being OPI and all, I had high expectation.

OPI RapiDry is a top coat formulated with OPI’s proven Extended Wear Technology which is supposed to dramatically shorten the drying time of any nail polish when applied over. RapiDry's instructions are to apply two coats of your chosen polish and then wait 60-90 seconds before applying your top coat, then wait for a few minutes and you're good to go.


First time I used this, I was pretty amazed by how shiny and glossy my nails looked, it dried really fast, so yes, it is safe to say that this stuff really works! Also, it did prolong my nail polish for 4-5 days, which is pretty good and it made my nails feeling a lot harder.


Here’s a peek at today’s manicure I did using OPI’s Big Red Apple topped with a RapiDry top coat.


But, as much as I like this product, there are a few downsides I'd like to mention...

When applying this top coat, you really have to make sure not to apply it too thickly, otherwise you may get bubbles underneath; so stick to a one coat and you’ll be fine. Secondly, I did experience some streaking with certain nail polishes, but overall I was always very satisfied with the final look. Also, I’ve found that a brush can pick up a small amount of a color, so it can slightly stain the rest of a product in the bottle. Personally, I don’t mind this that much, as it doesn’t transfer any color when applied again. 

When it comes to packaging, I love the design of the OPI bottles and the fact that they carry a lot of product inside (15ml.) which should definitely last you a while.


Overall, I would recommend this product as it really does what it says, but once I’m done with it, I will purchase and try a bottle of Seche Vite just to make sure I’m not missing out on a better product.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment