Hard Candy 'Fox In A Box' blush review (Spicy & Sweet and Hot Flash)

I’m sure most of you’ve probably heard about a brand called Hard Candy, but I don’t know how many of you are aware that this used to be a higher end brand available only at Sephora. Since then, they’ve changed the whole idea behind and today they are a budget friendly type of a brand sold exclusively at Wal Mart in the USA. I’ve tried some of their products before, but the product that really stood out for me was a Fox In A Box blush! What initially attracted me to these box powders is that they resemble Benefit box powders (although they are slightly smaller and contain less product) and I absolutely adore Benefit box powders…So, with some good will from a friend of mine in the United States, I got my very own "foxies".

These blushes come in four different blush quads and two different bronzer/blushed duos and the ones I have are Hot Flash and Spicy Sweet.


Each blush comes in neat, girly looking compact box with a little brush on the top of the inner lid. Needless to say, the brush does look cute, but as with the almost any free brush, it is kind of useless. The box itself is made of hard cardboard and it is sealed with magnetic closure. The product contains 20 oz or 5.7 grams.


The first shade I want to show you is Spicy & Sweet which is a combination of four shades – a true coral, a shimmery nude-bronze, a shimmery watermelon pink and a reddish pink. With little finesse you can use each individually, or you can just swirl them all together to get a nice mixture of all four. I personally like to blend all four, because the shade I get really brightens up my whole complexion.

I guess I should start by stating that pigmentation on this is amazing. It is one of those pigmented, yet soft and natural looking blushes that don’t give you clown cheeks. I was able to buff the colors together with minimal effort, and ended up with beautiful subtle rosy-peachy cheeks. 

Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Spicy & Sweet swatched individually.
Each color is soft and pigmented, but not too powdery. I noticed little flecks of very fine shimmer particles in the pan, but once I applied the color to my face, I couldn’t detect any. Instead, the shade gives you a subtle glow that is very pretty and natural looking. 

Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Spicy & Sweet, all 4 shades blended together.
Another blush shade I own is called Hot Flash and it comes in a combination of four shades – a shimmery light peach, a matte brownish peach, a medium pink and a HOT screaming fuchsia. 

The pigmentation on this one is super strong and unlike Spicy & Sweet, you have to be very careful with it, especially if you have lighter looking skin. If applied lightly, this turns out to be quite natural looking on my skin, but it does take some effort to blend it nicely as fuchsia shade can look overpowering.

Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Hot Flash swatched individually.

I’ve noticed little flecks of shimmer in this one too, but once applied, it looks almost matte on the skin. I find this best applied with my Real Techniques blush brush as it lightly picks up the color.

Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Hot Flash, all 4 shades blended together.

The staying power of these blushes is amazing as they lasted for 7-8 hours. Both blushes are finely mild, but I did experience a lot of fallout and honestly that is the only thing I didn't like about this product.


Overall, I am really impressed with the quality, and for $6 you can’t go wrong with it. Also, Hard Candy doesn't test on animals and that is something I always admire from a big company. Well done, Hard Candy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment