Clarins Lisse Minute - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

Hello everyone! Today I will be doing a review about Clarins' face primer I got from Sephora recently. I was looking for a great face primer for quite some time now, but somehow I always ended up with a bad product. In the blogging world, this primer has been known as miracle product, so I finally decided to give it a try. 

Clarins is an excellent and reputable French line whose beginnings go back to 1954. It goes without saying that Clarins is an expensive brand but I can’t really tell about the effectiveness of their products, simply because I haven’t tried many as the price always kept me from buying more. 


Using a primer together with a foundation perfects your skin for a flawless and radiant complexion but I don't really consider it as an essential make-up item. I have a combination skin as many people do, but I never really had problem with my skin except for slight hormonal breakouts and my foundation remains quite consistent throughout the day. Depending on the occasion, I put some primer before applying my foundation, usually when I go out at night, or I’m doing something that involves taking lots of pictures, filming or a photo-shoot.  

Clarins Lisse Minute primer is formulated to reduce pore size and prepare skin for a good foundation base. It is also designed to refine lines and wrinkles. This is what the package insert says: "It's almost like magic: as soon as you apply Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch to wrinkles, fine lines and enlarged pores, your complexion appears perfectly smooth and refreshed.”  

I was super skeptical seeing all these claims, but the moment I tried it on, I was absolutely amazed. I don’t know how to explain it, but the effect of this base was like a magic brush. It smoothed out everything, making my skin appear smooth and satiny (no wonder some call it “second skin”). The texture is very soft and it feels great when applied - it glides heavenly!!! The primer itself gives a great coverage and a nice matte finish. Because of its creamy (sort of pasty) consistency, it seems to moisturize the skin, leaving you without that uncomfortable dry feeling. I used a pea sized amount for my whole face and it felt weightless without any smell. 


A small, red glass pot with a plastic screw-top lid comes with a spatula so you don‘t have to dip your fingers in. Also, zero waste because you totally control the amount of the product you’re using. The primer can be used all over the face but in my opinion can be put just where you feel you need it (I usually dab some on my T-zone). 


Overall, I’m beyond satisfied with this product as it really does everything it says. The price can be an issue, since you get only 15 ml. (yes, that’s the standard volume of an eye cream) for around 25 Euros (around 50 BAM), depending on the country…BUT, you won't be sorry!!! This is the best primer I’ve ever tried so far, it didn’t break me out and it made my skin smooth like silk. The only thing I don't like is that it contains paraben, but other than that, this is highly recommended!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment