L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation Review


As much as I like to experiment with all kinds of different make-up products, I’m a little reserved when it comes to a new foundation. I usually stick to the same brands, but every now and then something new catches my eye. For the last couple of months (during the summer time) I have been reaching for more dewy and more natural looking products and that’s when I heard of the L’Oreal’s new Lumi Magique foundation. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of L'Oreal and have never been impressed by any of their products, especially foundations, however, this one sounded just right, so I decided to buy it. 


L’Oreal claims that Lumi Magique foundation is designed to illuminate and revitalize the look of dull skin with instant radiance. It also claims to provide 24 hour hydration and 14 hour luminosity while being oil free and non-comedogenic.  In the US, this foundation is called True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup, and it’s supposed to be suitable for any skin type. 


Now, when first applied, you can immediately tell that the consistency is pretty thin and liquid. It’s very light and applies very easy. I did not have any issues with blending it out and making it look fresh and natural on the skin. The coverage isn't heavy, and I was able to build up two layers without looking cakey at all. However, it did not cover major zits and redness so if you’re looking for a full coverage foundation, you should skip this. 

Right after applying, you can definitely see a beautiful shimmer effect on the cheekbones under certain lighting. This subtle 'highlighting' effect slightly goes away after a couple of hours, and it leaves your skin with a nice natural finish. Throughout the day, however, I did notice that my t-zone did become shiny, but that was easily fixed with some extra powder.


It comes in a pleasantly looking sleek glass bottle with rosy-gold details and a pump which looks quite classy and expensive for a drugstore brand. Personally, a foundation with a pump is always a big plus for me, because it is great for both hygiene and controlling the amount of product you use.


The shade range is divided into three groups:C (pink undertones), N (neutral), W (yellow or golden). However, the shade range varies from country to country. Where I live, there are only 5 shades available. I was lucky enough to find a perfect match for my skin, and it’s N4 (Pure beige), however, pale looking people might have a problem with finding the right shade. 


Overall, I love this foundation for everyday use when I don’t need much coverage. It doesn’t look cakey and it gives a very healthy look. Although, not really “magical” I would buy it again. However, if you have oily skin I wouldn’t  recommend this product. The price is 25.90 KM (around 16$) and is available in every DM and CM market.

Have you tried anything from L’Oreal’s Lumi line? What do you think?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment