NYX Round Lipsticks - Review + Swatches

I have a deep obsession with NYX products! In fact, it’s one of my favorite make-up brands! If you’re into make-up, you have probably heard about it, it’s an American, ultra-modern and affordable, cruelty-free company with AMAZING products and a huge variety of products and shades. Needless to say, NYX has reached a bit of a cult status amongst beauty bloggers and YouTube gurus since a lot of their products are considered as MAC dupes for cheap. If you’re not from USA, NYX products are very hard to find. And in Bosnia, they are non-existent (no surprise here, huh?). Luckily, there’s a bunch of online shops that sell and ship NYX products worldwide, so I won't complain. 

One of the products that really stood out for me are NYX Round lipsticks. NYX Round lipsticks are described as “A classic lipstick for all-year round. The mineral-based emollient formula offers a beautiful velvet texture, saturated color and it resists wear and smudging. It’s your go-to lipstick”. These lipsticks come in 168 different shades (I told you they have a huge variety!) and I ordered mine on e-bay from this seller. If you don’t like e-bay, you can find them on cherryculture.com, makeupgeek store or beautyjoin.com, all of the sites ship worldwide.


These lipsticks come in black plastic tubes with the shade name and a number written on the top. The packaging is nice, but in my opinion slightly cheap looking. I like the fact that each tube has its own lip color at the bottom which makes it easy to find what color you’re looking for in the vanity.  


NYX Round lipsticks glide on effortlessly on the lips. The texture is smooth and the pigmentation is great. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by how highly pigmented and creamy these are. Unfortunately, they are a bit smudgy, so they do transfer easily. Also, because of their very creamy consistency, they tend to melt in the humid hot weather. I wouldn’t recommend carrying this with you during a hot day (but I do carry my Doll with me everywhere! :))


Once applied, the color will last a few hours until touch-ups are needed. That seems fair enough considering the price. Also, the creamy texture doesn't make these the perfect "kissing" lip colors. However, the color fades gradually, so the effect you get is pretty and even. 

I have six shades so far, but I do plan on getting more shades for my collection. 

L to R: Femme, Doll, Sunflower, Fig, Fire & Louisiana


FEMME– Femme is an orang-ish/reddish coral shade that gives you that brightening effect immediately. Perfect glam looking orange shade that has a bit of sheen. Definitely an attention seeker color that wouldn’t suit everyone! 

DOLL– This has been my favorite lipstick ever since I got it. It’s a perfect mixture between pink, berry and brown. Doll name goes so well with it, because it gives you that perfect dolly lip color, not too light, nor too dark. It’s such a sophisticated color! I love, love, love this!

SUNFLOWER – Coral shade with a touch of red. This has a frosty finish, which I’m not a fan of, but it isn’t that noticeable. Other than that, it’s a lovely color, I should be wearing this more often.

FIG– Fig is a mid-toned warm pink/salmon shade with a satin finish. It goes on like a Barbie pink, but nothing too bright. It has bluish/purplish undertones and it’s a perfect summery color.  

FIRE- Fire is a beautiful deep pink red shade. It looks like a hot pink/fuchsia color in the tube, but when applied it transfers into more reddish pink. This is such a bold and opaque color and if you’re looking for that shade between bright pink and bright red, this is the one. 

LOUISIANA – Another pink shade! This is way more vibrant than Fig. It is a bright hot pink shade, looking sort of fuchsia on my lips. 



Overall, I like NYX Round lipsticks. The first thing that can appeal everyone is the variety of colors available in these lipsticks. The colors are incredibly smooth, rich and creamy. The only thing that I don’t like is the plastic flowery smell. Luckily, this goes away once you apply the color, so this isn't a big deal. Would I buy this again? Hell yes! Sure, there are better lipsticks out there, but for this price, and the quality, they are simply great.

Have you guys tried any shade from this brand? What shade is your most favorite?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment