Sleek Make Up: Blushes - Pomegranate, Flamingo, Rose Gold - Review + Swatches

There's a whole lot of buzz about Sleek Make Up these days, isn’t it? Recently, I placed my first Sleek order because I really wanted to try this brand and see what's it all about. If you’re subscribed to my facebook page, you’ve probably seen me raving about their products, as well as seeing haul photos I posted. As promised, I will review and swatch all the products I bought, but today I will be focusing on the blushes first. 


Sleek blushes are available as single blushes (8 g.), but also as a trio palette (Blush by 3). Personally, I prefer single ones, but Blush by 3 seems a bit more economical. I went a little blush-crazy this time and ordered three single ones – Pomegranate, Flamingo and Rose Gold.

First thing you notice about these is that they are super pigmented and soft. The formula is smooth without being powdery. They have a good lasting power and will stay on  throughout the day. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to take any photos of my FOTDs (Face of the Days) with my Sleek blushes yet, but you can bet I'm working on that! All of the blushes come in Sleek's standard "sleek" black packaging. They  may seem a bit small at first, but what I like about Sleek is that they keep plastic minimized and the product maximized. Every blush comes with a mirror inside and I actually really like its simple and professional look. The compact is very lightweight yet durable, making it perfect for traveling with. One thing I absolutely hate is that the packaging is so hard to open, so you can easily end up with a broken nail :(

Pomegranate – This is the most gorgeous dark plum shade with a touch of gold. The color does look a bit scary dark in the pan, but it applies like a raspberry red with some pretty (not chunky at all) shimmers. Personally, this is my favorite out of three because I feel like this will perfectly match plum/berry lips that I’m so obsessed with lately. Pomegranate is super smooth and bendable, but you can definitely go overboard with it. Remember, light hand is the key on this one! Suitable for those with medium, olive skin tones. 


Flamingo – Flamingo is another vivid, over the top bright pink color with a satin finish. Despite looking really intense in the pan, it looks very natural on the skin if applied the right way. This color is quite buildable and I think it would match almost anyone. Definitely one of those universally flattering shades. So far one of my favorite pink blushes I own. 


Rose Gold – This blush is hyped as another Nars “Orgasm” dupe. I don’t own the original “Orgasm” so I can’t compare these two, but I think Orgasm is actually more pink, while Rose Gold is more on a peachy side. This blush is filled with shimmer and gold and it will lighten your whole face in a second. It can be used as a blush, or simply as a highlighter. Suitable for all the skin tones. 


Single Sleek blushes come in 11 different shades and retails for $5.99 each. I was highly surprised by how quickly I got my purchase. Once they sent it out, I’ve received it within 4 days from UK to Bosnia and Herzegovina.

L to R: Flamingo, Pomegranate, Rose Gold

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment