How I store my nail polishes (affordable storage solution)

Organizing your nail polishes can be a pain, especially when you lack some free space! I always wanted a nail polish rack hanging on my wall like they have in fancy salons; however, they were always expensive and way too complicated to make. With time I also learned that this concept wouldn’t work for my room anyways, so I gave up eventually.

For the last couple of years I kept my nail polishes in a shoe box in one of my vanity drawers, and while that worked for a while, my collection eventually outgrew the box, so it became harder to sort through all the colors I had. Recently, I decided to re-organize my nail polish rack and today I'm gonna show you the idea I came up with.  This is a cheap and very simple solution that isn’t going to take a lot of your money, space and time. 

First, let me show you my “before” photos. You know what they say, you have to see before, so you can appreciate the after  (well...I actually just made that up).


The main thing that really bugged me about my old "storage" way was that some nail polishes would always sit up and down for weeks, so they would start to spill all over the lid. Eventually, I would end up with some hardened dried polish around the bottles that would be painful to open (IF they could be opened!). 

For my new storage thing I used an old metal silverware drawer organizer that was lying around my vacation house. These organizers can be found in places like Ikea, CoinCasa, Tagret, Vicko and pretty much anywhere where they sell kitchen stuff.


If you can't find the exact silverware organizer, you can use those plastic ones too. In that case, you might put some colored stickers on top of the each nail polish, so you could find the shade you're looking for.

So, this is how it looks like now!




All of the polishes are now well organized and I even have some free space for more polishes and my nail art/ manicure essentials, nail dryer, nail files etc. I stored them by brands, rather than colors, but this is completely optional. 

So, that’s pretty much it. I have to say this works perfectly!! I hope you like this kind of posts and you find them helpful. If you want me to show you some other storage ideas, feel free to comment below. Also, tell me how you store your polishes and share your ideas! 
Hugs xx

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment